Ever since the engagement of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, we receive a lot of questions about the main stone in Meghan’s ring. It’s a stunning cushion cut diamond. This is is a square diamond shape with rounded corners and 61 facets. This cut reflects the light in a chunkier way than for example a round brilliant. This is what we call ‘the crushed ice effect’. The subtle crushed ice sparkle was very popular around the 1920s. That’s also why cushion-shaped diamonds can be fully appreciated in a vintage setting. The Cushion cut was originally designed to be viewed by candlelight, and maintained enormous popularity for over 70 years during the Victorian period and is a modern interpretation of Princess. Even today, the vintage setting is the most beloved ring style for cushion cut diamonds. The development of this cut dates way back to almost 200 years old. The name, however, is quite modern. In the past, they called this shape the ‘mine cut’, a square diamond with rounded corners. The cushion cut is one of the most brilliant cuts of all square and rectangular shaped stones, though one thing to note is that it’s not as brilliant as other cuts.
- Would you like to personalise your Ethica Diamond with a special message or date with a hidden inscription?
- Would you like our workshop to set your Ethica Diamond in a setting that you already have?
- Available in a range of carat weights. See menu above.
- The stones shown on the model’s hand are for reference only. Actual carat weight availability may vary.
- In the event that another jeweller sets your stone, the Lifetime Stone Guarantee will be void.
- Please get in touch if you require more information here: CONTACT US
CARAT SIZE CHART