Legend says that the Marquise cut first appeared in Paris circa 1745 and its fascinating history can be traced back to the height of the French monarchy. King Louis XV commissioned his court jeweller to create a diamond that resembled the smile of his beautiful mistress, the Marchioness Madame de Pompadour. A sleek and seductive design, the perfect Marquise cut gemstone should always be cut in a 2:1 aspect ratio, meaning it must be twice as long as it is wide to have the proper aesthetic effect.
- Available in a range of carat weights. See menu above.
- Stones shown on the model’s hand are for reference only. Actual carat weight availability may vary.
- Would you like to personalise your Ethica Diamond with a special message or date with a hidden inscription?
- Would you like our workshop to set your Ethica Diamond in a setting that you already have?
- In the event that another jeweller sets your stone, the Lifetime Stone Guarantee will be void.
- Please get in touch if you require more information on our services here: Contact Us
CARAT SIZE CHART
|8 x 4||0.50|
|10 x 5||1.00|
|12 x 6||2.00|
|14 x 7||3.00|